The CASB program delivers graduate-level professional education following a competency-based model. While completing the education requirements, students are also completing practical experience with an approved CA Training Office.
There are several admission categories for the CASB program, though generally, to enter the CASB program students require:
- A four-year, 120-credit Canadian undergraduate degree, or a foreign degree that has been assessed as equivalent;
- A 65% overall average in the CASB prerequisite courses; and
- Employment with a CA Training Office.
Prospective students without a university degree will also be accepted with:
- a CMA or CGA membership in current good standing;
- an Advanced Certificate in Accounting (ACIA) issued by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of BC; or Mature Student status
Students who have completed the University of Saskatchewan's Master of Professional Accounting (MPAcc) program or the University of Waterloo's Master of Accounting (MAcc) program enter CASB for UFE Prep (Module 6) and are required to complete three years of practical work experience.
CASB students require a computer and internet connection. The specific computer requirements are listed here.
Have a question? Check out the frequently asked questions or email email@example.com.